- Blanch the duck in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove, rinse, and drain well. Season with the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat wok and pan fry ginger slices without oil for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add marinated duck, sesame oil, and miso paste. Stir-fry well. Put in garlic, star anise, black cardamom and rock sugar.
- Pour in water or chicken stock, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Add carrot and spring onion, and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Thicken with potato starch mixture. Serve hot or warm.
You may also like