Ingredients is not available.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, then add the lamb shanks. Blanch for 5-6 minutes. Dish out and wipe completely dry with several layers of paper towel.
- Deep-fry lamb shanks in hot oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and rinse off excess oil.
- Combine ingredients (A), (B) and chicken stock in a deep saucepot. Bring to the boil, then add lamb shanks and braise for 1½-2 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove the lamb shanks from the stock.
- Toss the lamb shanks in the combined rice flour and cornflour. Deep-fry the lamb shanks until lightly golden. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Bring combined sauce (C) to a simmering boil for 6-7 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the lamb shanks and serve immediately.