- Wash oxtail and remove any surplus fat. Cut into sections between the bones and marinate with seasoning
- Coat marinated oxtail pieces in flour. Shallow fry in 3 tbsp heated oil in non-stick pan until meat turns light gold in colour.
- Heat a wok with remaining oil and stir-fry onion and garlic till fragrant. Add in soya bean paste and ginger and fry till fragrant.
- Add sauce (A) and stir-fry for a minute. Add oxtail and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-1½ hours. Add in leek and carrots and continue to simmer until oxtail meat is almost tender.
- Dish out and place ingredients on to the lotus leaf. Wrap up into a packet and steam for a further 20-25 minutes. Transfer the packet on to a platter and serve hot.
You may also like