- 1 oxtail, cut into segments, fat trimmed
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 potatoes quartered
- 1/4 head celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can tomato soup
- Pinch rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Brown the oxtail pieces in a saucepan then remove excess oil.
- Place the garlic, bay leaves, rosemary and thyme, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until meat is slightly tender.
- Add the can of tomato soup, all the prepared vegetables and simmer until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Season with black pepper and salt. Serve hot.