- Soak the dried squid in water until it turns soft. Remove, drain well and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Scrape the lotus roots and cut into fairly large pieces. Use the back of the cleaver to slightly flatten the lotus root pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry garlic until lightly golden and fragrant. Put in the pig´s tail and add the seasoning ingredients. Stir-fry for a while until it is fragrant.
- Put in the dried squid pieces, lotus root and red dates. Stir-fry well to combine. Pour in the water or chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and braise the pig´s tail until the sauce is thick and the meat is just tender.
- Dish out and serve immediately.
You may also like