- '1 pig''s trotter
- cleaned and cut into serving pieces'
- '6 cloves garlic
- lightly crushed'
- 4cm cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp thick soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Scald trotter in boiling water for 4-5 minutes then drain and put aside.
- Fry garlic in a wok until fragrant (without oil). Add trotter and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in seasoning, then add cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves. Pour in enough water to cover the trotter.
- Bring to a boil then cover the pot and simmer over low heat until meat is soft and tender.