- 300g pork ribs (king spare-ribs)
- 40g red corn rice (chau chor mai or hoong mai)
- 60g garlic
- 100g oil
- 40g Hua Tiao Chiew
- 40g cornflour
- 20g salt
- 80g rock sugar
- 100g vinegar
- 100g ginger
- 100g onion
- Clean and cut pork ribs into 5cm pieces. Fry in oil till brown. Set aside.
- Fry garlic until fragrant and set aside.
- Put red corn rice and fried garlic into a cloth bag. Immerse the bag in a pot filled with four litres of water and let it boil. Add the rock sugar, vinegar and chinese wine.
- Lastly, add pork ribs and boil for half an hour or until the ribs are cooked.
- Mix cornflour with a little water to thicken the gravy.