- 600g belly pork, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 3 hardboiled eggs, shelled
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- Marinate pork with seasoning for one to two hours. Simmer marinated meat over low heat till sauce is thick and glazed with oil.
- Add 3/4 cup water and continue to simmer till pork is just tender. Add water if the gravy has dried up.
- Add hardboiled eggs, then serve dish with rice.