This recipe is best with
- 1 French loaf, cut into 2cm slanting pieces
- 3 tbsp soft table margarine
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp pounded garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine table margarine, garlic and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Spread the margarine mixture on both sides of the sliced french toast. Sprinkle the grated cheese sparingly on both sides of the bread.
- Arrange the slices on a piece of aluminium foil. Wrap up neatly and bake in preheated oven at 180 ºC for eight to 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.