- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar and salt. Combine yeast granules and lukewarm water and leave aside to ferment or froth.
- Gradually pour it into the flour mixture. Add canola oil. Mix into a smooth lump of dough.
- Add in cooked red beans and knead well to combine. Cover dough with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Knock down the dough and knead until smooth.
- Shape into a long roll and cut into small portions of about 20g each.
- Roll into a ball and place each on a round piece of greaseproof paper. Leave to rise until double in size.
- Steam over rapid boiling water for 8-10 minutes.
You may also like