This recipe is best with
- 125g butter
- 75g castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Whole almonds, split into halves
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Grease baking trays with corn oil. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter, sugar and essence until light. Add in sifted ingredients. When thoroughly combined, mix lightly till mixture holds together and forms a ball.
- Roll out dough in between plastic sheets. Cut out with a bell-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place cookies onto prepared trays. Dip almond half in egg white then press on the cookie. Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 14 minutes or till golden in colour. Do not allow to brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool before storing in an air-tight container.