- 500g high-protein flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 10g easy blend yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 340ml lukewarm water
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten (for Glaze)
- Put sifted flour, salt and yeast into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the water to the oil, stir and pour into the flour.
- Mix well and knead the resultant dough for 10 to 15 minutes until it turns smooth and elastic. At this stage, the dough should not be sticky.
- Grease a loaf pan. Shape dough into a long rectangular piece that would fit into the loaf pan. Carefully place dough in the pan.
- To make the dough rise, put the pan into a plastic bag. Tie up and set aside to proof for about one hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Brush the surface of the loaf with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 220 ºC for 30 to 40 minutes or until loaf turns golden and the base of the pan sounds hollow when tapped. Cool the bread on a wire rack.