This recipe is best with
- 250g strong flour
- 250g whole wheat flour
- 8g yeast
- 400g water
- 8g salt
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 80g walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients except walnuts at slow speed for about 10 minutes followed by another 5 to 10 minutes at medium speed.
- Add walnuts and continue to mix for another 5 minutes.
- Bulk ferment for about 1 hour (Cover bowl with a damp towel tea cloth).
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions (525 g per loaf) and shape into round or oblong.
- Proof for about 30 minutes (double in size).
- Spray dough surface with water and sprinkle with oats if desired.
- Bake at 210 degrees Celcius for about 30 minutes or until fully baked (Hollow sound to be heard when tapped to confirm if it is done).
- Cool the loaves on the wire rack before serving.
- Note: Halve the recipe to produce a single loaf.