- 3 medium-sized brinjals (sliced into half)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of ginger (pound)
- 1 tsp of garlic (pound)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 stalk of coriander leaf
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, fry brinjals until it is medium-cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, put in the mustard seeds. Wait till the mustard seeds burst, add and sauté ginger and garlic.
- Add onion and tomato. Stir until the mixture is golden brown.
- Add chilli, coriander, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Lastly, put in the fried brinjal and stir. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing just before serving.