Broccoli is the latest wonder food in the market. Filled with all essential nutrients along with the nutritional benefits of coconuts makes it a tasty and healthy, immunity and energy booster
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Freedom ground nut oil
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1-inch piece ginger (about 2 teaspoons) peeled and chopped or grated
- Pinch to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted oil
- Prepare the Broccoli. Trim the florets of the broccoli, and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. Peel the broccoli stalks. Slice 1/4 inch thick diagonally. Set aside.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Freedom refined sunflower oil, and swirl to coat the wok.
- When the oil begins to smoke, add the broccoli florets and stems and cook, stirring constantly, until edges are browned 9may take about 2 minutes).
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to steam the broccoli, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender, 9about 2 minutes )
- Push the broccoli to the edges of the pan, forming a well in the center. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, the scallions, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes, and stir until aromatic for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Add the soy mixture, and stir until the sauce has thickened and the broccoli is coated for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat, add the oil and stir to coat.