- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/8 tsp Chinese five spice powder (ngo heong fun)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-5 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp corn flour or tapioca flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepot. Bring to a low simmering boil over a gentle heat and cook for one and a half to two minutes.
- Stir occasionally until sauce turns smooth. Add in egg white and stir with a fork to form fine strands.
- Set aside to cool and use this as a dipping sauce for serving lobak rolls.