- Combine both types of flours in a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a firm dough. Divide dough into three equal portions.
- Mix one portion with mashed pumpkin. Add a drop or two of yellow colouring and knead well to combine. Break up into small pieces and roll into balls.
- Mix another portion of the dough with mashed yam and add some purple colouring. Break up and roll into balls as before.
- Mix the last portion of dough with sweet potato, add green colouring and roll into small balls.
- Cook these balls separately in a pot of boiling water. Wait till the balls float to the surface, remove and soak in cold water for 10 minutes, then drain well.
- To make syrup: Mix all ingredients with the coconut milk and heat to dissolve sugar. Do not boil. Strain and chill well before adding the cooked bualoy.
You may also like