This recipe is best with
- 115 g butter (at room temperature)
- 200 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 175 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicabonate soda
- a pinch salt
- 100 g bubble rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt, then fold in.
- Add bubble rice cereal and chocolate chips. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Drop a tablespoon of the dough on the baking sheets (1 - 2 inch apart).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.