This recipe is best with
- 175g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp liquid glucose
- 150g slivered almonds
- 25g finely chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven at 180° c. Line a lamington tray with non-stick parchment. Cream (a) until light and fluffy. Fold in sifted ingredients and mix well. Spread mixture evenly over the base of prepared tray.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; spread hot topping evenly over the biscuit. When biscuit is still warm, cut into squares. Store these squares in the refrigerator until the topping has set completely before keeping them in plastic containers.
- To make topping: Combine sugar and butter in a saucepan and stir over low heat until butter has melted. Stir in liquid glucose and mix well. Add almonds and ginger.