This recipe is best with
- 175g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 225g flour, sifted
- 50g pecans, chopped coarsely
- 100g almonds, chopped coarsely
- Cream butter and icing sugar. Add in vanilla essence and egg. Continue to cream till light and fluffy. Fold in flour and stir in chopped pecans.
- Roll out dough to 0.5cm thickness and cut out with a cookie cutter. Place on greased baking trays. Brush with egg white and press lightly with chopped almonds.
- Bake at 180 ºC for 15 to 20 minutes or till golden brown. Leave on the baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.