This recipe is best with
- 250g butter
- 175g castor sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp orange essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 225g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp UHT milk
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp chopped Glazed red cherries, tossed with 1 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Cream butter and sugar until light. Add both essences and beat until creamy.add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- If mixture begins to curdle, beat in a tablespoon of the self-raising flour before adding remaining eggs. Add in grated orange rind and mix.
- Fold in flour, half at a time, alternating it with the milk and orange juice and mix well on lowest speed. Stir in chopped cherries.
- Spoon mixture into paper-cups and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cakes are done.
- For decoration: Pipe some whipped cream on top of each cupcake. Decorate with fruits of your choice.