This recipe is best with
- 150ml apricot flavoured yoghurt
- 75ml UHT milk
- 150g dried apricots, chopped finely
- 115g butter
- 150g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the chopped dried apricots and yoghurt in a bowl. Cover and leave aside for half an hour to soften the apricots.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, stir in the apricot yoghurt mixture and blend well.
- Fold in the sifted flour and mix in the milk gradually.
- Fill greased muffin tins to two-thirds full. Bake at 180 ºC for about 20 minutes or until golden in colour.