This recipe is best with
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 cooked chicken breast fillet, skinned, deboned and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- Salt to taste
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Put chicken stock and celery in a saucepot; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove, cool slightly then blend in an electric blender and strain.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Stir in flour and mix quickly until you get a light gold mixture. Add strained stock gradually to the pot, stirring between each addition to ensure mixture remains smooth.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add chicken meat and mushrooms. Simmer over a low heat for four to five minutes. Stir in cream. Heat but do not allow to boil. Add salt to taste.
- Serve soup sprinkled with parsley and a dash of pepper.