This recipe is best with
- 75g plain flour
- 75g high protein flour
- 30g quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 75g butter
- 50g castor sugar
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- Grease baking trays lightly with butter. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift both types of flour and put into a mixing bowl with oats, baking powder, soda, corn flour, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Combine well.
- Cream butter and both types of sugar. Add in egg yolk and continue to cream until fluffy.
- Add combined ingredients. Stir in nuts and mix well into a dough.
- Roll out dough in between plastic sheets. Cut out with any desired shapes of cookie cutter.
- Place cookies onto prepared trays and bake in preheated oven for 14 to 15 minutes. Leave in the tray for two to three minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool. Dust lightly with icing sugar before storing.