This recipe is best with
- 125g butter
- 90g sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g plain flour
- 25g rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g peanuts, toasted, skinned and halved
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Grease baking trays with corn oil or melted butter. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk and peanut butter until pale. Add sifted ingredients and mix well into a dough.
- Place dough in between plastic sheets and roll out to 3/4cm thickness. Cut out with a cookie cutter and place on prepared trays. Brush lightly with egg white.
- Press peanuts on cookies and bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave cookies on baking tray for one to two minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.