This recipe is best with
- 180g butter
- 175g castor sugar
- Grated rind of one orange
- 2 eggs
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ripe bananas (pisang emas), mashed
- Combine and leave to stand for 10 to 15 minutes:
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 75g toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Line and grease a 20cm square baking tin. Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add orange rind and eggs one at a time.
- Add mashed bananas and combine orange and milk mixture (if mixture curdles, add one tablespoon of flour). Mix well.
- Fold in sifted ingredients gradually, then stir in chopped pecans. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or till cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool cake in tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.