This recipe is best with
- 300g penne
- 40g butter
- 100g canned tuna in brine, drained
- 1 heaped tbsp capers
- 100g smoked salmon, sliced
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Set penne to cook. When done, drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Sauté tuna over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Flake tuna with a fork. Add capers, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Pour over pasta and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Serve topped with salmon slices and a sprinkling of pine nuts.
- (Note: To prepare pasta, put plenty of water in a large pot to a boil. Add salt. When water comes to a rolling boil, add the pasta. For spaghetti, spread it out and curl it right into the pot as it softens. Drop pasta such as penne, bow ties and shells into the boiling water and stir them around. This prevents it from sticking to one anther. Always cook pasta uncovered, stirring frequently until the pasta is al dente. When pasta is done, pour out into a colander. Shake off excess water and toss with the sauce immediately.)