This recipe is best with
- 125g butter
- 80g castor sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g pistachios, shelled and chopped coarsely
- Grease baking trays with corn oil or butter. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift in combined ingredients and mix into a dough. Add in half the chopped pistachios and knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth.
- Roll dough out flat in between plastic sheets. Stamp out with a Christmas tree cookie cutter and place on prepared trays. Brush lightly with egg white. Sprinkle with the rest of the chopped pistachios.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden in colour. Leave on the trays for one to two minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool before storing in an airtight container.