This recipe is best with
- 500gm sole fillets diced
- 100gm clams - shelled
- 200gm peeled prawns
- 200gm squid, cleaned and cut in rings
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 50gm chopped parsley
- 0.5lit white sauce (50gm flour, 50gm butter, 0.5lit milk & studded onion)
- 8 rings of short crust pastry.
- Salt & pepper
- Make the white sauce by stirring the butter and flour in a pan till it is sandy in texture.
- Add the milk slowly till it is creamy and add a studded onion for flavoring. A studded onion is a pealed onion with a bay leaf and two cloves holding it on to the onion. This is to add flavor to the sauce.
- Add the seafood ingredients and the chopped parsley.
- Allow cooking for a few minutes.
- Add seasoning.
- Meanwhile, on a baking try, in moderate heat, cook the pastry rounds for about 15 minutes till brown.
- To serve, pour the seafood in the sauce in a casserole dish, place the pastry rounds on the top, garnish with parsley and serve hot with potatoes and vegetables or with a salad.