This recipe is best with
- 250gm (2 cups) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 750ml (3 cups) buttermilk
- 75gm (2 ½ oz) unsalted butter, melted
- unsalted butter, extra, for greasing the pan
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl. Add the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter and whisk to continue.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush a small portion of butter over the base. For each pancake, ladle 80ml (1/3 cup) of batter into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn the pancakes over and cook for another minute. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while cooking the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes in stacks with the plums, a jug of maple syrup and some yoghurt. Makes 16.