- 5 slices of French bread
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large lettuce leaves, broken up
- 1 avocado, skinned and sliced
- 75g dried anchovies (ikan bilis, small-sized ones), deep-fried
- 125ml oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt and pepper or to taste
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Cut french loaf slices into big cubes. Heat butter and oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and fry until fragrant. Add cubed bread and fry until golden. Remove, drain and set croutons aside on paper kitchen towels.
- Place lettuce on a salad bowl. Arrange avocado slices, croutons and crisp anchovies around.
- Place dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well, then drizzle dressing over salad. Serve immediately.