Do you have leftover dates or kurma from Ramadhan? Good news is you do not need to throw it away cause we have better idea which to turn it into a cake!
BONUS – here you go the other recipes you can try with your leftover kurma!
1. Banana Date Almond Smoothie
2. Date, Coconut and Cashewnut Smoothie
- 18 dates soak overnight in milk if too hard
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup wheat flour sieved
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 handful cashew nuts finely crushed, optional
- Remove dates from milk and throw away the seeds. Then with a little water, blend the dates.
- In a bowl, add milk, oil, sugar and milk and mix together. Add in dates.
- Then add flour, baking soda and vanilla essence.
- Finally, add in cashew nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celcius for about 35 minutes or until skewer comes clean.