This amazing dessert will be a stunner on any dinner table. Fans of all things chocolate should definitely give this recipe a go.
Recipe and photo courtesy of CNIEL.
- Praline Feuilleutine
- 150g praline paste
- 50g dark chocolate manjari
- 40g orange confit
- 90g feuilletine or crushed rice krispies
- Hazelnut Dacquoise
- 87.5g egg white
- 32.5g granulated sugar
- 75g hazelnut powder, roasted
- 75g powdered sugar
- 2 coffee beans, grated
- Ganache moelleuse:
- 150g milk
- 48g egg yolk
- 150g 35% cream
- 48g sugar
- 210g dark chocolate
- Chocolate Chantilly
- 20g coffee beans
- 1 orange zest
- 140g milk chocolate
- 200g cream
- Melt chocolate and praline paste together.
- Add feuilletine and orange confit. Mix gently, pour in appropriate molds, then keep in fridge.
- Whip egg white and granulated sugar to a meringue.
- Fold in hazelnut powder and powdered sugar.
- Spread out on a silpat sheet and sprinkle with grated coffee beans.
- Bake at 180°C for between 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let it set and cut in frame size.
- Add milk and cream in a saucepan and boil. Bring to a simmer before removing from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Slowly add in milk and cream mixture bit by bit.
- Boil mixture in a saucepan over low heat till it thickens then remove from heat.
- Gently add in chocolate to the mixture.
- Emulsify the mixture. Store in fridge.
- Boil the cream, orange zest and crush coffee beans. Pour the mixture slowly into the milk chocolate and keep overnight in chiller.
- Strain before use.
- Whip up on the next day and pipe on the gateau.