This recipe is best with
- Graham crust
- 110g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 20g sugar
- 60g butter
- 70g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 40g water
- 280g Mascaporne cheese
- 280g cream cheese
- 200g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12g vanilla extract
- For crust: Butter and sugar the sides of a 20cm springform pan and line with parchment paper. When baking using the water bath method, wrap the outside of the pan with aluminium foil to waterproof.
- Mix the biscuits crumbs and butter together and pat evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 160 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes.
- For filling: Combine the chocolate and water in a double boiler. Heat to gently melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- For batter: Using a mixer with paddle, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add mascarpone and mix until smooth. Scrape down bottom and sides of the bowl. Add one egg at a time.
- Add 1/10 of the cheese mixture into the warm melted chocolate and water mixture.
- Pour even amounts of vanilla batter into the pan, add chocolate batter and swirl gently. Bake in 150 degrees Celcius oven in a warm bath until firm to touch, about one hour.
- Remove from oven, cool cake in the pan and chill before unmolding from the pan. Decorate with chocolate swirls.