This recipe is best with
- Biscuit Base (mix them together)
- 200g digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 50g cornflakes (crushed)
- 50g almond flakes (toasted & crushed
- 150g butter (melted)
- 750g cream cheese
- 180g icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 250g sour cream or natural yogurt
- 150g whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Press the biscuit base into a 23cm (9in) springform pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, ensure everything is blended well.
- Add on the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in a hot water bath in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until the cake is firm.
- Switch off the oven; leave the cake in the oven with the oven door ajar for another 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven and cool before refrigerating overnight.
- Unmold cake from the springform pan, garnish as desired.