This recipe is best with
- A (Dry Ingredients):
- 230g all-purpose flour
- 150g granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 115g roasted and coarsely chop walnuts or pecans (optional)
- B (Wet Ingredients):
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 115g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe large bananas, mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. Do not over-mix or the muffins will get tough and rubbery.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan.