- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Turn heat to high then bring mixture to the boil. Leave to boil, without stirring for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture turns golden. Take saucepan away from the heat and leave aside to allow the bubbles to subside.
- Add almonds and pour the mixture onto prepared baking tray. Leave aside to cool.
- Break the pralines into sizeable pieces.