- 8 medium-sized dessert apples
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 500g soft brown sugar
- 100ml water
- Clean the apples well. Wipe dry and push a bamboo stick firmly into the core of each apple. Put aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar completely dissolves.
- Brush the sides of the pan with a brush dipped in water during the boiling process of the sugar. This is to prevent crystals forming. Bring the sugar syrup to a boil; reduce the heat slightly. Continue to boil without stirring for 15 minutes or until syrup becomes golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat and dip into a basin of cold water to stop the cooking process. Now tilt the pan slightly then dip the apples one at a time into the sugary syrup. Make sure that the whole apple is well-coated with the syrup.
- Put the toffee apple on a piece of parchment paper and let the toffee harden. Serve the toffee apples after they have completely cooled down.