This recipe is best with
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed sourdough bread or rolls or day-old bread
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ cups sliced sweet onion
- 250g sliced fresh cremini mushrooms (or other capped mushrooms)
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 can (320ml) reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 2½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a medium bowl, toss four tablespoons melted butter with bread cubes, cheese and parsley; set aside.
- In a large skillet, place the remaining two tablespoons butter and sauté onions over medium-high heat about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms and sauté five minutes.
- Stir in wine, soup, peppers and chicken. Cook, stirring constantly, five minutes or until bubbly.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 22cm square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bread cubes are golden brown.