This dish was a surprising one for me. I had previously only had one way of cooking cauliflowers (stir-frying them) and had no idea that it could be so yummy and easy to make this way.
Shared by some of my colleagues and then modified by myself for our own taste – this was acceptable even to the fussy eaters at home. Don’t hear it from me, try it! And then maybe customize some of the ingredients for your own!
It’s so easy to make, it could even be one of those one-dish meals during busy workdays for 1-2 persons!
- 8 cauliflower florets
- 6 medium sized prawns (shelled)
- coriander (small bunch, as much or little according to your liking)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- dash of oil
- salt, a pinch
- pepper, a pinch
- For marinating prawns:
- 2 dash Lea & Perrins sauce
- 1 tablespoon Angel Oyster sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- For Preparation: Marinade the shelled prawns with the marinating ingredients - L&P sauce, Angel Oyster sauce and dash of pepper. Set aside.
- Dice cauliflower or chop into small pieces.
- Chop coriander finely.
- Break eggs into a small bowl. Add a bit of water and whisk till mixed.
- Pour some cooking oil onto the skillet or frying pan.
- Pour in the cauliflower and stir fry for 2 minutes or till soft.
- Pour in the whisked egg onto the pan.
- Whilst the egg is being cooked and is setting, sprinkle the coriander and also place the marinated prawns onto the omelette.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Flip onto the other side for a little while more and you're done!