- Place sifted flour into a bowl. Stir in sugar and orange rind to mix. Rub in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add Cointreau, whipping cream and currants. Mix to a soft but not sticky dough with a palette knife.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured tabletop and knead quickly until smooth. Roll out to 2.5cm thickness. Cut into squares with a fluted knife.
- Arrange scones on a greased tray and bake in preheated oven at 190°C for about 20 minutes or until well risen and golden. Remove and serve warm.
- Just remember this tip: do not overmix scones especially after the butter and liquid are combined.
You may also like