This recipe is best with
- Curry Paste:
- 30g dried red chili, seeded, soaked
- 250g peeled shallot
- 20g peeled garlic
- 20g belacan
- 20g coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- Other Ingredients:
- 1 to 2 pcs star anise
- 2 to 3 pcs clove
- 1 to 2 pcs cinnamon stick
- 100g cooking oil
- 15 to 20 curry leaf
- 12g Salt
- 1.5kg whole chicken, cut bite size
- 500g local potato, cut bite size
- 500g water
- 200g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- Cut whole chicken into desire size. Marinate with salt for at least 30mins in chiller.
- With a blender, finely blend all paste ingredients.
- Heat oil in wok/pot, and sauté dry spices until fragrant. Add in blended paste and sauté until fragrant, add curry leaf and continue to sauté for 2 - 3 mins.
- Toss cut chicken in paste and cook for a while, add in potato and water, Simmer until chicken is tender and potatoes are cooked.
- Lastly, add Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream and seasoning. Continue to cook until gravy reach the desire consistency.