Learn this heritage recipe Ayam Sambal Berlado from home cook, Razif Sidek.
To read the full interview with Razif, visit this page.
- 1 chicken, cut into small pieces
- turmeric, for marinating chicken
- salt to taste
- 1kg fresh red chillies
- 250g red tomatoes
- 850g red onions
- Marinate chicken with turmeric and salt and set aside.
- Roughly pound the red chillies, tomatoes and onions and set aside.
- Heat a wok and deep-fry chicken till golden brown. Use the remaining oil to fry the pounded red chillies, tomatoes and onions. Saute the mixture till the chilli is cooked and turns dark red. Add more salt if necessary.
- Remove excess oil from the mixture and add the fried chicken. Toss sambal with chicken until well coated and serve hot.