- 650g kampong chicken, cleaned and chopped into quarters
- 1 Japanese burdock (about 200g), peeled and sliced diagonally
- 150g white radish (lobak putih), peeled and cut into wedges
- 200g green radish (lobak hijau), peeled and cut into wedges
- 100g carrot, cut into wedges
- 15g red dates
- 1½ litres hot water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a pressure cooker. Bring to a boil at high heat until the pressure indicator is shown.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove pressure cooker from the heat and allow the pressure indicator to return to its original position before opening.
- Add seasoning and serve soup hot immediately.