- 750g chicken, chopped into serving-size pieces
- 2 limes, squeezed for juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pounded finely
- 100m light soy sauce
- 70ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 1½ cups water
- 1 - 2 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges and boiled till cooked
- Season chicken with marinade for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Place marinated chicken into a heavy-based saucepan. Add seasoning and cook simmered over a gentle heat for 25-30 minutes until chicken is just cooked.
- Heat oil in a wok; fry bay leaves until fragrant. Transfer chicken into the wok. Stir-fry well. Add the potatoes and fry till well combined. Continue to simmer for seven to eight minutes.
- Dish out and serve.