- Chicken Essence:
- 500g chicken
- 1 cup (250ml) cognac (Dom)
- Trotters with Vinegar:
- 1 pig´s trotter
- 500g old ginger, skinned and smashed
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups black vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 250g brown sugar
- To make chicken essence: Wash chicken thoroughly. Remove the skin and scald in hot water. Rinse and pat dry.
- Place chicken and cognac into a double boiler, cover with lid and double boil for 2½ to three hours.
- Remove chicken and serve the resulting essence warm.
- To make trotters with vinegar: Cut trotters into serving pieces. Heat sesame oil in a clay pot. Fry ginger until fragrant. Add vinegar, water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and leave to simmer until ginger turns soft.
- Add trotters and simmer for 1½ to two hours until tender and soft. Serve warm.