The key to a flavorful roast chicken dish is the long marination and slow baking process in the oven. Overnight marination and a 1½-hour cooking time makes for this perfectly roasted chicken. https://nutriasia.com/recipes/citrus-roast-chicken/
- 1 kilo Whole chicken, cleaned well and dried
- 1 tablespoon Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons UFC Chicken Broth
- ½ cup White wine
- 3 tablespoons Calamansi juice
- 2 pieces Lemongrass (white part only), pounded
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, peeled and pounded
- ¼ cup Golden Fiesta Canola Oil
- 500 grams Potatoes, quartered
- Make the chicken rub by combining salt, ground black pepper, thyme and UFC Chicken Broth together.
- Combine the white wine and calamansi juice. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper mix. Rub under the skin and inside chicken cavity. Pour over white wine and calamansi juice. Insert the lemongrass under the skin together with the garlic.
- Make sure that the chicken wings are tucked. Truss the chicken using butcher’s twine, making sure that the twine is four times longer than the chicken. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat chicken with Golden Fiesta Canola Oil.
- Bake in preheated oven, along with potatoes, for 1½ hours until tender.