This recipe is best with
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 400g chicken fillet, cubed
- 50g butter
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 200ml UHT cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil and sear the chicken over high heat until browned. The chicken should not be fully cooked.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter and cook mushrooms over high heat until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside with the chicken.
- In the same pan, fry the shallots over low heat until translucent.
- Add cream and bring to boil.
- Add mustard, chicken and mushrooms and season to taste.
- Dish into the pie dish.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry and place over the top of the pie dish.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated at 180ºC for 15 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden.