To prepare the chicken:
- Rub chicken inside out with salt, then stuff with ginger, garlic and spring onion.
- Boil water in a deep saucepot and put in the chicken. (the water must cover the whole chicken.)
- Lower the heat and simmer the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and soak chicken for 30 minutes in the stock.
- Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
- Reserve the stock for the rice.
To prepare the rice:
- Heat oil and saute garlic until aromatic.
- Stir in rice and fry for about three to four minutes.
- Place rice in an electric rice cooker.
- Add stock, salt and pandan leaves.
- When rice is cooked and fluffy, scoop out with a ladle and roll into balls (while rice is still hot). Set aside.
To make the garlic chilli sauce:
- Mix the pounded ingredients with salt, chicken stock and lime juice.
- Serve in small saucers.
To make the ginger sauce:
- Mix the ingredients together and serve with the rice and chicken.
To serve the chicken:
- Rub a little sesame oil and light soy sauce over chicken.
- Cut into serving pieces and serve with cucumber slices and garnishing of spring onion and chinese coriander.