Whip up this Sautéed Chicken with Chocolate Balsamic Sauce as a treat for that special someone. The chocolate balsamic sauce also goes deliciously well with other white meats. This article was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Squid with Curry and Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate and Parmesan Risotto
- Tomato, Chocolate and Nut Lollies
- Banoffee Heart
- White Chocolate and Passion Fruit Mousse
- Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pralines
- Strawberry and Chocolate Profiteroles
- 16 whole shallots (peeled)
- 40 g margarine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 200 ml water
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 g dark bitter chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 400 g chicken fillets or chicken breast (sliced)
- palm oil and margarine (for cooking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the whole shallots, margarine, sugar and water in a sauté pan and cook over low heat until the water has evaporated and the sugar is caramelised.
- Add vinegar and chocolate and cook, stirring continuously until chocolate melts.
- Heat up a frying pan with oil over medium heat. Add margarine and cook chicken fillet on both sides until golden brown. Season to taste.
- Remove from the pan and serve with the shallots and chocolate sauce. Serve with potatoes or rice.